BijouxMalou collects information from you when you register on our site, place an order, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
• To improve our website in order to better serve you.
• To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
• To quickly process your transactions.
• To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products
Protecting personal information
We will not willingly spread the information received, and we will try to keep our website secure. We have an SSL secured website, to further our effort to keep personal information safe. We use a large payment gateway, Paypal, who is responsible for protecting payment details.
We use reasonable measures to safeguard your information in our possession. However, no data transmission over the internet is completely secure and no security mechanism is impenetrable. Therefore, although we take steps to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of the information that we collect from you or the security of our servers or the site. By accessing the site, any transmission of information is at your own risk and you agree to assume all risk in connection with Information sent to us or collected by us.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
•Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
• Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
User contributions (reviews and comments)
You are responsible for any content, including Information that you contribute to be published or displayed on the Site or transmit to other users of the Site (“User Contributions”), if any. Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to other users of the Site at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Site with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site. You understand and acknowledge that, even after removal, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached or archived pages or might have been copied or stored by other Site users.
BijouxMalou is not responsible under any privacy laws or local data protection laws in any jurisdiction other than in England & Wales for any information.
Compliance with law
BijouxMalou will disclose any Information to any government or law enforcement officials or private parties as BijouxMalou shall determine, in its sole and absolute discretion, if necessary or appropriate to respond to any claim or to comply with any legal process to protect the rights of BijouxMalou or any other third party or to comply with any international, federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance or to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical or actionable activity.
Children and parents
We respect children’s privacy. We do not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information from children under the age of 13. By using the Site, you have represented and warranted that you are either 18 years of age or using the Site with the supervision of a parent or guardian. If you are under the age of 13, you may not use the Site. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us through the contact form here.
EU Data Protection Law
I retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with my services, and in order to comply with British tax laws (proof of income for tax returns). However, I may also be required to retain this information to comply with my legal and regulatory obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce my agreements. I generally keep your data for the following time period: 6 years.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me / Data controller
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Malou Koldenhof, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternately, you may mail me at:
14 Short Bridge Street
Llanidloes, SY18 6AD
This policy was last modified on May 17th, 2018.